Monday, February 15, 2010

Rase Powder Measure



It snowed again yesterday, but the temperature was between 35-38 and it melted as fast as it hit. None of the snow from the last few days is left. It got down to about 27 last night. Today it's bright and sunny with an expected high of about 40.

Was cleaning up in the workshop this weekend, and ran across some more neat stuff. Pictured here is a powder measure made by Dave Rase that I bought from him at the CLA show in 2002. He only had a couple when I saw them, so I snapped it up. I'm need to add it to one of my shooting bag sets.

I remember that Dave donated a similar measure that year to the silent auction. There was a lot of bidding on that one. I think it brought in about $250.00. A high price for a powder measure, but certainly a unique, handmade measure, plus the money benefitted the CLA.

Bill Scurlock

No comments:

Post a Comment