Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mike Keller Jags



These are some of the best made ramrod tools that I have ever used. Mike Keller made these a number of years ago (8-10?). They were reviewed in "Prime Possibles" after I first got them, but I haven't searched back to see when that was. The ball puller is, hands down, the best that I have used. Its aggressive threads really grip a lead ball. The worm is just really nicely made. I remember that a few months after I first reviewed them, Mike told me in conversation that within a couple of weeks of the review coming out, he went and bought a new lathe. He had money coming in, and he needed a new lathe to be able to fill the orders. I'm always pleased when a review generates business for a craftsman.

Bill Scurlock

1 comment:

  1. Did a search for them, didn't see much (I'm terrible at searches)... How do we contact him?

    ReplyDelete