Thursday, February 18, 2010

Jerry Book Screwdriver


I purchased this hand-forged screwdriver at one of my first western rendezvous in 1977 or 1978. I think it was at the National Association of Primitive Riflemen rendezvous. There was a blacksmith from Iowa named Jerry Book who did some really nice work. This has always been my favorite screwdriver. Over the years I have moved this screwdriver from shooting bag to shooting bag, usually having it in the pouch that I use with my current favorite rifle. For extra leverage, you can slide a wooden dowel or stick through the circular handle, sometimes a necessity for stubborn screws or bolts. Jerry retired from the buckskinning circuit way back in the 80s when he got the opportunity to run the family dairy farm (I think).

Bill Scurlock

No comments:

Post a Comment