Wednesday, March 24, 2010

New Clay Smith Rifle


I got one of Clay Smith's "trade rifles" this year, and got a chance to shoot it yesterday. Clay can build as fancy a gun as a customer wants, but his trade rifle is a plainer gun built for those who don't want to take a high-dollar rifle out in the woods. This rifle is .54 caliber with a straight 15/16, Long Hammock barrel. I will be writing a review for an upcoming issue of MUZZLELOADER, but I was pleased with this first target shot from a rest and wanted to show you. The first 3 shots are at the bottom, as they should be. As I filed the front sight down, after every couple of shots, the holes moved up. I quit before getting zeroed because the afternoon light was failing, and my eyes aren't as sharp as they once were. More, later.

Bill Scurlock

No comments:

Post a Comment