Monday, April 19, 2010

Shooting Clay Smith Rifle





Got a chance to shoot the Clay Smith "trade rifle" again last week. I shot 10 shots at 25 yards, from a rest, trying to show what the rifle would do. I know there are plenty of guys who can shoot better than I can, but I was pleased with how the rifle shot. The Long Hammock barrel loaded smoothly and shot well.

The top photo shows the first 5 shots. I called the one that went high as soon as the gun went off. There was a slight hesitation in ignition, and I obviously started to move before the ball had cleared the bore. 

The lower photo shows all 10 shots. Still just one flier. The center-to-center spread on the other 9 is about 1-1/8 inch horizontally. I don't know that I can shoot any better than that. I still need to file the sights to get the point of impact up a little, but that's easy enough.

Bill Scurlock

No comments:

Post a Comment