Wednesday, November 25, 2009

More Deer Hunting

Got up early today and drove to the cabin at the hunt camp. I had left a couple of things over there that I needed. Since I was there, I eased around in the woods for a couple of hours. The squirrels were everywhere.

I slipped up on a little 6 point buck in the hardwood bottom. He gave me plenty of shot opportunities at 25 to 50 yards, but if I'm shooting a buck, I'm holding out for a bigger one. Right after him I saw two bigger bucks, but they were heading the opposite direction. They never blew or flagged, so I'm not sure if they knew I was there or were just traveling. Didn't get a good look at them, but could see horns on both through the trees.

Would have like to have stayed all day, but there are too many things to do, like the Jan/Feb issue.

Bill Scurlock

No comments:

Post a Comment