Thursday, September 17, 2009

Jan Zender Silverwork



We've been friends with Jan Zender and his wife Rochelle for about 20 years. They have made trade silver items for as long as we've known them. I purchased the silver earrings shown here for Linda at least 15 years ago. They are basically everyday wear for her. I don't remember the details, but they are of Woodland Indian-inspired design.

The silver bracelet was just bought for Linda at this year's CLA Show. It has also become everyday wear. And its engraving designs are also Woodland Indian-inspired.

This was Jan's first CLA Show. He sold a number of items and also seemed to really enjoy himself with a lot of old friends. I missed seeing Rochelle with Jan, and I also missed the dawn coffee that Jan and I used to share almost every morning at the Eastern Primitive Rendezvous.

Bill Scurlock

No comments:

Post a Comment