Friday, April 8, 2011

Sean Lang, A Real Muzzleloader



I apologize for not keeping my blog up to date. Back toward the end of hunting season, I got busy, the Christmas season came upon us, end-of-the-year stuff the January issue of American Tradition for the CLA, etc. I got out of the habit of posting for awhile.

At this point, I'm picking up with the Jan/Feb 2011 issue and the "Smoke Signals" section. There was a young man pictured there who must be pretty tough. Take a look at the picture of Sean Lang, standing in the snow, preparing to shoot his flintlock during the Independent Mountain Men of Pennsylvania winter shoot in February 2010. His dad, Jerry, is right to be proud.

Bill Scurlock

2 comments:

  1. Bill this is Jerry Seans dad. Just wanted to let you know . Sean is 11 yrs old now and got his first deer with that same muzzleoader. He has been shooting very well.I have tried to buy him a new gun but he just loves that traditions. It was given to him from one of our older mountainmen and after a little sprucing up has become a very good gun.
    Thanks again
    Jerry Lang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations to Sean on his first deer! I know you are proud of him. Any gun that shoots good is a good gun. You can see my Dec. 7th, 2011, post for me with a T/C Hawken when I was a couple of years older than Sean. Wish I could still shoot that well.
      Bill Scurlock

      Delete