Tuesday, October 26, 2010

ML Hunting 2, Oct. 2010

The season began with me missing a shot on a does early Saturday morning. I checked the vines, limbs and trees between where I sat and where the deer was standing, but didn't see any marks. Couldn't find any hair or blood where she stood or where she ran. Still don't know why I missed, just missed. That was my first miss with the Mark Thomas rifle. At that point, I was 7 deer in 8 shots with that rifle.





Jacob shot the doe (last post) on Sunday evening. I shot a nubbin buck (shown here) on Monday morning. Didn't see that he was a buck until I tracked and found him. I had to shoot again to put him down for good. That's the flattened round ball from the second shot in the lower photo.

I went home on Monday at noon to process and freeze our two deer and to take care of a couple of other things.

More later,
Bill Scurlock

No comments:

Post a Comment